Friday 22 October 2010

Some reflections


Generally speaking, I have enjoyed a lot this semester!!!
It has been so excited to work on my own head modelling, as I keep the curiosity of final character all the time, which made me want to get it done as soon as possible. However, I was also a bit worried the final face would not look like me. Nevertheless, as is shown here now, honestly speaking, it doesn't really look like me, but it actually looks more like younger me---when I was around 15 years old. Therefore, personally speaking, I love my character, the face was basically created from my own face, and somehow I can still see me from it.

Some troubles:
I have been struggling with the texture; therefore, I just kept working on the texture painting in Photoshop in order to have a nice skin colour all over the face with balance. The texture has been improved in progress form clone and patch work in Photoshop by combining with setting the specular colour to pink, which made me very proud of my final skin colour. By doing so, the face looks more like a female face with blush.
 
The other problem was with the texture, when I applied it as a bitmap to 3d max, there was always a line (in the joint area) between two parts.  Finally I got the assistance from Richard and sorted it out by simply merge the vertices in chin area into one.  It is not shown perfectly, however, I discovered the problem and solved that problem at the end, during this process, I have learnt how the problem could be resolved, which is the most important to obtain the knowledge and master the skills.


 
What I could have done better
During this study process, I think I should have kept my blog update each week, so that I would have a fresh memory after each tutorial. However, I failed in doing this, which resulted in a lot of panic and pains after I finished the whole head modelling. Even though I did try to save as many screenshot as I could without any comments or reflection on it, but it was still difficult to remember everything at the end, therefore, what I did for the documents here was that I need to go back and watch the videos again very quickly in order to formulate this piece of work according to those screenshots. 

Last but not the least, thanks to  the useful tutorials as well as those people whoever have offered me help with the head modelling, time goes pretty fast, and I can feel that I am getting more familiarized with  3d max studio and have more interest in this module.

No comments:

Post a Comment